Thursday, October 13, 2011

4-D Ultrasound!


So yesterday I had my monthly check up with the doctor. I was so worried about getting on the scale...as I stepped on, I watched the numbers go up and finally...165!! Only 2 pounds more than last month, yes! I was really excited. That makes my overall gain about 16 pounds. Not bad. My doctor said that I will probably gain about 25 pounds total by the time I deliver. Let's hope! 
Oh yes, I took my diabetes test last Tuesday, that was quite an experience. The drink was not bad at all in my opinion. It was the orange flavor and once I finished it, I had to play the waiting game for an hour. About 30 min.after drinking the orange soda (that's what it tastes like to me), I start getting really cold and I start to shake. The shaking was uncontrollable. I told the lab tech what was happening and she gave me a blanket. The blanket didn't help at all. I tried getting a glass of water and I felt like I had Parkinson's because the water was splashing all over. I have to admit, I was pretty scared that this was affecting the baby. They finally took my blood and thankfully, I had stopped shaking by that time. However, I was nauseous and had the worst headache I think I have ever had. I went to my doctor's office and they said that was just a reaction to the drink and that it was normal. OK...so I went home and I felt better after a few hours and the baby was moving around and kicking like normal, phew. Now, 2 days later, Thursday morning at about 5 a.m., I wake up feeling like I was hungry, then I got so cold and started shaking. The same thing that happened when I took my diabetes test. Poor Danny, he got me a heating pad and tried to warm me up, but he didn't know what to do to make it better. He wanted to take me to the hospital, but I didn't want to move because I felt like I would die because I was so cold. After about 25 min.the shaking went away, and I was left with a killer headache and what felt like a fever. I went to my doctor's office. They checked my results of the diabetes test to see if that was why I was having these episodes. The results came back normal, no diabetes for me (wahoooo!!). So, they wrote down my symptoms and I was also having some back pain. They said the pain is normal but they would tell the doctor about what was going on and get back to me. They called me later on that day to tell me that my shakiness could be because of low blood sugar or blood pressure and to make sure I am eating 3 meals a day and snacks in between. OK...so I did eat more that night. The next morning, as I was driving to work, I start shaking again. UGH. My co-workers saw how I was shaking and said this isn't normal. My boss told me to go to the hospital. So I did. And guess what they found? Yup, a dang kidney infection! I had NO idea. I have had bladder infections before, but I had no symptoms like I had in the past. They said it was probably because it was in my kidneys now and that was why my back was hurting. They said it was a pretty bad infection and they usually don't see any that bad. Great. I was so bummed because we were supposed to go to my mom's house (3 hours away) for my baby shower the next day. We asked about traveling with this kind of infection and the nurse said that it isn't recommended because these kinds of infections can lead to pre-term labor. No thank you. So we decided not to travel. Thankfully, everyone was really understanding when we called and told them we had to reschedule the baby shower. I am doing a lot better now and I'm just glad I stopped being stubborn and went to the hospital. And I am so thankful for my mom. She came out here over the weekend to help me and Danny out. She took care of me, helped Danny organize our front room and cooked a few things so I wouldn't have to worry about cooking for a few days! What a great mother I have. I hope someday I can grow up to be like her. 
Baby is doing great! We did a 4-D ultrasound yesterday as well and we got a few pictures. Not really good ones though. Her head was being squished and she didn't want to move it! Stubborn baby. We are going back in 2 weeks, when I have my next check up, to see if we can get some better pictures. We were able to see her eyes, nose and mouth really well though. She looks exactly like Danny! Good thing he is a cutie. She is adorable. She has a beautiful chubby face. 
Here is my beautiful baby girl!



The tech said she weighs about 3 pounds and she is right where she needs to be :) She said she will probably be around 7 or 8 pounds by the time she is born. It was amazing to see my baby in there. It kind of brought us to the reality that this baby is almost here...crazy! Only about 10 weeks left. I feel like I still have SO much to do...well I guess that is because I do! I still have to get working on the nursery, buy her bedding, buy a car seat and stroller. Geez, I'm already starting out bad. I better get crackin'! 
Here is an update:


How far along: 29 weeks and 3 days
Weight gain/loss:  Not sure from last week, but total is about 16 pounds....I know I only gained like 2 pounds in this last month, woohoo!
Maternity clothes:  Blah, still wearing my pre-pregnancy pants with the belly band and I can still wear some of my pre-pregnancy shirts. I think I am going to break down and just buy a couple of nice looking pants at Wal-Mart or something for work. 
Stretch marks: Still none yet...I think they are teasing me and playing with my mind...but I'm sure they will show up at the last minute just to spite me.
Sleep: It has been ok. I have been sleeping on the couch because it is just more comfortable than the bed. 
Best moment this week:  Getting better from my stupid kidney infection.
Food cravings: Still craving sweets, in my defense though, I always crave sweets, pregnant or not. 
Gender: Same...a girl
Belly button in or out?  Still in. And my belly ring scar is looking more and more disgusting...that's what I get for deciding to get it pierced in the first place!
Movement: She still moves quite a bit. She is getting bigger though, so she is running out of room to do her gymnastic routines. 
What I miss: Sleeping on my bed
What I'm looking forward to: My baby shower that my mom and sister are throwing for me this weekend! 
Milestones: Well, I guess what people have been saying lately is "Wow, you are finally looking like you are pregnant!" So I would say that is a milestone. 




Oh and we decided to tell everyone the name we picked out for the baby. Gianna Rosalyn. We love the name. I am glad we finally agreed on one we both liked! Cannot wait for this baby to come out already. Even though, I'm not really prepared yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment