Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Good News

I had my doctor appointment yesterday. Everything is fine. I gained 5 pounds though, boo. I'm a pound over what my goal was, 25 pounds total. Oh well, as long as the doctor isn't worried about it, I guess I shouldn't be either. I talked to him about how I am quitting my job in December, so I need to make sure the baby is born in December because of insurance reasons. He said there isn't a problem with that. Only 2 weeks til I am full term!
My mom gave me good news yesterday. Her and my dad were only going to be able to be here Christmas weekend and then they had to go back to work. So, I was planning on having my doctor break my water on the 22nd or 23rd, which is only 4-5 days before my due date. I would not, however, get any medicine. I want everything to be as natural as possible. I didn't feel good about even breaking my water because I believe that she will come out when she is ready. But, now my mom gets the whole week from the 23rd til the 2nd of January off, woohoo! So now, I don't feel as much pressure to make sure she comes Christmas weekend. It might seem ridiculous to some people that I would break my water just so that my family can be there, but it is important to me that they are here. If she decides to come early and it's a day of the week, they can't just leave their jobs and drive 3 hours over here. Plus, who knows how the weather will be. So, anyway I am really happy and relieved now that I don't really have to worry about when she comes because I know my family will be here during that time.
Here is an update:


How far along: 35 weeks and 2 days
Weight gain/loss:  So, about 5 pounds from 2 weeks ago. 26 pounds total. Blah.
Maternity clothes:  I hate wearing anything other than my pajama pants. I don't know how I'm going to deal with finding things to wear for work for the next few weeks.
Stretch marks: Still no sign of them...yet.
Sleep: Not good. I wake up in pain in my hips from sleeping on one side too long.
Best moment this week:  Realizing that aside from buying a few more things (manual pump, swing), we are ready for this baby to come! 
Food cravings: Nothing new. I can't eat as much anymore. I get full much faster now.
Gender: Same...a girl
Belly button in or out?  Pretty much out now.
Movement: Still moving quite a bit. 
What I miss: Feeling normal.
What I'm looking forward to: Seeing my baby for the first time.
Milestones: We washed all the baby's clothes and blankets and we organized them into her dresser. Now, we wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment