Friday, September 9, 2011

A new day, a new trimester!

Yes, I have finally made it to my third trimester! It's weird because it always seems like time isn't going by fast enough, but at the same time, it is going by quick! Only about 3 and a half months to go.
So, I had my first Braxton-Hicks contraction yesterday. It was cool! My belly got hard as a rock! I had Danny feel it, he thought it was pretty awesome and weird, LOL. 
So here is my weekly update:

How far along: 24 weeks, 4 days
Weight gain/loss:  It has been going up and down a lot this past week, but as of this morning, I only gained about.8 ounces since last week.
Maternity clothes:  Haven't bought anything else yet. I do feel my jeans getting tighter :( boo. I am really trying to avoid buying maternity pants...but I might need to soon.
Stretch marks: Still no sign of any!
Sleep: It has kind of gotten better from last week. I have my routine of falling asleep on my left side, and then when that starts to hurt, I switch to my right. 
Best moment this week:  Feeling my first contraction!! 
Food cravings: Still nothing, other than I just want to eat sweet things ALL the time. It's horrible. I wish it could be like it was for the first trimester where I didn't want to eat, or even think about sweet food. 
Gender: Same as last week...a girl
Belly button in or out?  Still in.
Movement: She still moves a lot. I noticed that she really doesn't like it when I lay on my back because she starts moving and kicking me haha.
What I miss: A good night's sleep.
What I'm looking forward to: The baby shower my mother in law is throwing me on the 17th!! I'm excited :)
Milestones: Getting to my third trimester!! 


So this past Labor Day weekend was awesome! As I said last week, Danny and I, my family, and his family, drove up to Bear Lake on Saturday morning. We went for Danny's birthday. We left at around 5:45 and got there at about 7:45. I am so glad we went earlier, we were able to get a really nice spot, close to the lake, and with shade. We ate breakfast and we waited for my mom, sister and her kids to get there. Then, Danny and I rented a boat for a couple of hours that day so we all got on and some people went tubing. It was fun! We left around 6 pm to the lodge we got for the night. The next day, we rented a jet ski for 4 hours. So we all took turns on that. Danny and I had never been on a jet ski, so it was pretty cool! I was scared because I heard, being pregnant, you have to go really slow or else you could go into pre-term labor. Yikes. Thankfully, I didn't have to go TOO slow, and we still had fun. We left Bear Lake around 5 pm on Sunday. We all had a great time! Here is a pic of me at the lake. My belly has definitely grown a lot! 




Aww, I like that I am finally getting the "bump"! Oh and my brother in the back, with a funny look on his face lol. I will have to upload some more pictures from Bear Lake either today or sometime this weekend.
So, Danny's birthday was on Monday, the 5th. We just had our families get together and we ate some Ecuadorian ceviche, yummmm, and then some ice cream cake from Dairy Queen, mmmm. It was great. 
Overall, I am pleased with how the weekend turned out. I am kind of sad summer is ending. But, I am really excited for fall! I love the falling leaves and getting to wear boots and all that. I am hoping to be able to take some maternity pictures within the next few weeks, before it gets too cold. 
That's all for today. Until next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment